Gifts have always been a way to the hearts of people. Sending gifts for college students greatly shows your love and support. There are a lot of things that you can send across, ranging from toiletries to snacks. Whatever you decide to send, your students in college will much appreciate you.
This article is a compilation of care package ideas you can pull off for that student you want to gift. If you know their preferences or favorite snacks, that’s even better! They help you properly customize the gift package and make your student the toast of the dormitory.
1. Winter Care Package
Focusing on student’s health and wellbeing is important, especially in times of crisis. The care package you’re giving should be according to the times or season. So what do you send as gifts to your student during the cold season? They can be gift items that will help them feel warmer and more comfortable. Below are typical items that should be found in a winter care package:
- Hot tea/coffee or chocolate
- A pack of mini marshmallows
- Woolen blankets
- Thick socks
- Fleece Pyjamas
- Mufflers, sweaters, or hats
2. Comfy Dormitory Care Package
The items contained in this care package make a school residence more homely. It adds life and character to a dorm room. Some of the items typically found in this package include:
- A framed scrapbooking piece of paper with a dry, erasable marker attached to it. This makes the perfect template for friends and roommates to drop messages for you.
- A miniature magnetic board can be hung on the door. Serves the same function as scrapbook paper
- Packs of blue painter’s tape or sticky tack, which are good alternatives to nails or push pins
- Feather duster and/or wipes for cleaning.
- Postcards for messaging home.
- Throw pillows or dust ruffles.
- Furniture that can be inflated: adds more homeliness to the room and is an alternative seating option to the bed.
- Room decor such as a poster or window clings
3. Toiletries Care Package
Toiletries or personal items can be annoyingly expensive on campus, especially in small towns that don’t have a big retail store or supermarket. There is also a lack of time or cash to shop for these personal items. All the more reason for your care packages to be received with profound appreciation. Items in this care package include:
- Plastic/rubber flip-flops for the bathroom
- Towels to cover up to and from the shower
- Conditioners, shaving cream, body lotion, and shampoo
- Haircare products
- Nail clipper
- Feet massage roller
3. Healthcare Package
This particular package idea shows a great level of thoughtfulness. This can come in handy anytime an illness or injury occurs. It saves the college student a trip to the medicine store. It’s best sent as the semester is commencing. Some of the typical first aid items include:
- Vitamin supplements
- Over-the-counter medications such as Ibuprofen
- Hot tea bags
4. Sanitation Care Package
Cleaning up is a necessity for college students (whether they like it or not). By sending them a care package containing cleaning items, you’ve made the job a bit easier for them. Cleaning items that should be in this care package include:
- A bottle of laundry detergent
- Money for the laundromat
- Anti-bacterial cleaning wipes
- Feather duster
- Electronic device wipes
- Portable vacuum
- A bag of washing delicates
- Wool dryer ball
- Air freshener
- Paper towels
6. Sports Fan Care Package
If your student is an ardent lover of sports and likes watching live sports matches in the stadium or the dorm room, you can’t go wrong with this package. The package has the best gifts which will appeal to their love for sports. Items that can be found in this package include:
- Sports pom-poms, pennants, and other items bought from the school’s sport store
- College jacket or sweatshirt
- Seat or hand warmers for watching matches (if it’s an autumn season)
- Popcorn and popcorn bowl for watching at home
- Body or face paint in college colors
- Temporary hair dyes in school colors